still not picking up their toys

My kids are rotten sometimes. Today is the first day that I've told them that they need to clean up before having supper. At 4:30 I went downstairs, turned off the T.V., and let them know that soon it would be supper time and that they needed to clean up the toys before they came up.

It's now 6:30. I've even gone so far as to warn them that if they weren't done by 7:00pm I was just going to put their plates away and they'd have their bath and story time as usual, but they wouldn't be getting any supper.

Are they cleaning? Nope. It actually sounds like they're taking out more toys.

I'm seriously following through.

Comments

Yep - you are talking to 3 brick walls. I feel like sometimes all I do is say "Skylar - put that away." Skylar don't leave that there Sadie will eat it or destroy it. OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER again. Do they listen - nope.
Tiffany said…
Thanks for your comment! Tonight has pushed me to my breaking point. I feel like anytime I want them to do anything I repeat myself over and over and over, and I end up getting more and more frustrated, and then I end up yelling or punishing. Then I feel bad, like somehow I should be more in control of the situation, and that I'm somehow ruining my kids.

I'm kind of feeling like the worst parent ever tonight. Thanks for reminding me that my kids are normal.

This is a tough job sometimes.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense