happy birthday to me! and steven is so bad

He bought me a laptop for my birthday. It's a little extravagant.

But I LOVE it!

I guess I have to admit that I'm not actually 26. I'm probably a little closer to 30. I know I'm supposed to feel all mopey about being 30, and I do joke about it, but seriously, I'm cool with it. I'm actually looking forward to my 30s - for real.

At least half of my friends have beat me to this 4th decade, and they're not so bad. I'm sure that if they can pull it off so can I.

Did I mention that there are a lot of things I'm leaving being in my 20s?

Stuff I'm really excited about:
  • Not being pregnant. Seriously, I got pregnant for the first time at 24 and finally had my last baby at 29. Years of being pregnant. I bet you're glad too, because now I don't have to complain about it anymore.
  • Our lives taking a financial upswing. No more university or the loans that come with it. My hubby is doing a job he really likes and will only move forward in. I'm doing what I like too. Someday the kids will be a little older and I'll definitely jump back into the work world. Until then I'm raising our kids and loving it, and we're making it work.
  • Being taken more seriously. Ange and I were talking about this today. Until one gets closer to the end of the 20s you're still viewed as a big teenager.
  • Feeling like I know myself better. I really don't think I'm entirely the same person I was at 20. Good thing too. I can't believe how my priorities have changed since then. I also can't believe some of the things I worried about and thought were important. A little maturity goes a long way. Just a little though. I may be old, but I'm not that old.

You know what really is the best though? That no matter how old I get, Steven will still be older. I should mention that he and I share a birthday. Happy Birthday baby, I love you!

You know what else is really cool? I'm typing this out in my bed.

Comments

Sonya said…
Happy birthday again!

A lap top is the most awesome gift ever!! Every night I sit on the couch with mine as Devin watches tv. And if I feel like checking out facebook from bed, I do!

Does this mean you can now play scrabble on facebook?? I'm starting a game right now!
Q&L said…
wow, happy birthday again!
Candice said…
Awesome!

Does this mean we'll get to hear from you more????
Tiffany said…
It would be irresponsible if I didn't make full use of this gift!!
Patkau Life said…
Amen on everything you said about leaving the 20's behind. I feel the same way. I turn 30 this year. Happy Birthday. Have a blessed year.
Pammie Joy said…
Happy Birthday Tiff! You're right to look forward to your 30s! They rock!
Lora said…
In the 3 years and 1 month that I've been spending in my 30s, I have to say that it is AWESOME!

Also, you have way too many kids for 26. You're right on for 30!!

(you know how I feel about lying about age- I am 34 and I look terrible for 30, but amazing for 37!)
Tiffany said…
That's actually a good idea - I'm going to start telling people I'm 38 or so, because for 38 I'm doing really well!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's