jordan's first day of kindergarten






I was glad that Jordan was still smiling when I picked her up this morning! It wasn't until she was buckled into the van that she started moping about kindergarten. I think her day would have been better if her mother wasn't the only mother to forget to pack a snack. It's not even that I forgot, I didn't know that they had snacks in kindergarten. The other moms must have all come in last week to drop off their kids school supplies. I did not. Considering that the school supplies consisted of a backpack, indoor running shoes, a cup and a cheque for everything else I didn't figure it would be too taxing to just bring them on the first day of school.

But I didn't get the letter before today. The letter that mentioned snacks. Poor Jordan.

I think she was also told to stand nicely when lining up for things. Heaven forbid! Silly girl, she doesn't stand still very well, and to have the teacher call her on it was tragic!

She still wants to go back to school tomorrow - but only because I promised to send her honeydew, cheese and crackers.

She's mentioned her snacklessness about a dozen times today. I guarantee I'll not forget again!

Comments

Q&L said…
I've heard that before, Moms forgetting snacks and the kids never let you forget ever again :)...no one shared a snack with her...and did the teacher not even have a back-up snack in case some poor kids mommy forgot, c'mon, i know its happened before!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense