scrambled eggs

Do you ever feel like you want to get on here and just vent like crazy? I'm totally like that. But then sometimes it's about someone and I know if that person read it they would totally know who it was about and I'd be on the shit list, or at least closer to the top of it than I already am. Sometimes I wonder if I should even care. Maybe I shouldn't care enough to even have "the right thing to say" in my head. Probably not.

Sheesh.

You know what? I have some of the best friends and family ever. If I sat with you at diaper gym this morning it's because I enjoy being around you. I love that I've found this place in town to meet people and make friends. If I tease you it's because I think of you as a friend. Feel free to toss a little back.

I have a family gathering on Sunday at my Grandma's house. I'm looking forward to it. The family doesn't mind having my children unleashed on them, because theirs are all the same. It's fantastic. There is always WAY too much food, not that we don't put a good dent in it, games, people to talk to, and stuff for the kids to do. My grandma doesn't care if the kids touch stuff or get noisy. Jordan's been counting sleeps for days.

I may have somehow gotten myself invited to a birthday party for a boy in the other family tomorrow. I mentioned to the kids that we might head out there. They're pretty excited about it. Me too.

Did I mention I still love my husband? I don't mean that I still care for him, blah blah blah, but I'm pretty sure that I'm still In Love with him. (apologies for the relatives who groan at the sappy stuff). Remember when you start dating someone and the car pulls into the driveway and you feel all excited that in just a minute you'll be hugging at the door? Yep. Still do that (the excited part and the hugging). Sure there are days that I'm flustered and tired and haggard-mommish, but I still perk up when I hear his key in the lock. I think we sometimes forget we're in love because we're kind of extreme-parenting these days (you know, 3 under 5 and 1 on the way) and it takes a small heap of energy to keep up, but I'm happy to see him even when the kids are in bed already and I don't actually need him for something.

You have no idea how many nights we put those kids to bed and then sit there and play cards together and heckle each other and talk about our days and the stuff we want to do this summer or next summer or next year. I could sit with him for hours.

Sometimes I think it doesn't show so much to the outside world either, because we tease each other so much. But it's because he can take it and so can I and we rib each other like crazy sometimes. Maybe it's because we can't neck when you're looking.

I'm lucky. I know that I am. Sure I'm tired, and busy and at my wits end some days, but I know that life is good.

Okay, next time I'll try to be more entertaining. But it's my blog and you'll have to deal with this from time to time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon