from blog to paper

I must admit that I'm not the best at keeping baby books. In fact, Jordan is the only one that has one and it's far from completed. I kind of feel badly about it, but not enough to lose any sleep. I write things down (somewhere) as they hit milestones (sometimes) and I (every so often) take pictures.

The other day I was looking for a picture on here of the day I went into labour with Mitchell. I know that I posted a picture of myself just hours before having him and I wanted to look back at it and see how big I got. I know I can beat it this time. I didn't actually find it, probably because I got distracted reading posts from back then. There were things about my kids on there that I completely forgot about but that I remembered exactly once I was reminded.

Then I thought - this blog is WAY better than baby books! There are stories in here about the kids, the goofy things they did, the crazy things they did, the cute stuff they say. Loads of them. It's all I write about really, probably because they take over pretty much all my time.

Not that I'm complaining. I could go back to work any old time. I choose to be here with them. They're pretty cool.

I'm going to print out my blog - minus the irrelevant posts - and stick it all in a binder somewhere. I figure that someday the kids can read it and see what they were like, and what I was like in my twenties. I don't know about you, but I think it would have been cool to have something like that from my own mom!

It may take a minute.

Comments

Heather said…
Did you know you can have your blog proffessionally printed and bound?? Might be something to look into. Might be expensive but totally worth having.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's