easter eggs

I deleted the poll. I've noticed that you're all a little scared to weigh in on that one. I guess there is no win-win answer.

Have you also noticed my cute baby ticker? It beats the alien baby floating around that I used for Mitchell.

There's this rumor that the weather on Good Friday will carry through for the next 40 days. I've never heard this before. It's heinous. I choose not to believe these crazy things.


Jordan made Easter eggs the other day at nursery school. They were hard boiled eggs, coloured pink and yellow and green with food dye. They were very cute. On Thursday afternoon, the same day she made them, she came to me with an egg in her hand and told me that it broke. I felt bad for her. She was all teary and sad. I promised that we'd make some more. Later I noticed spoons in the living room. I didn't think much of it, but I asked the kids why they were there. They were having egg and spoon races. Sometimes my sympathy wanes a little.

We still made the Easter eggs. It was fun. I haven't done that since I was little. Sometimes I think the best stuff to do with kids is the stuff I used to do. A little nostalgia, a little "new memory" for them and everybody wins! Plus I'm totally eating them tomorrow. You can't do that with just every craft you know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense