some things are taboo

Today Jordan decided to get out of her shopping cart by pulling the back panel up and out and crawling under it. Of course this resulted in her getting her jacket caught when she slid through and let the panel down. Then she scrambled around on the ground trying unsuccessfully to free herself. I told her I wasn't going to help her because that's not how you get out of a shopping cart. Eventually I relented. She freed herself and somehow managed to pinch her thumb. As I shut the back door of the van she hopped around and shook her hand around while making this 4-year-old trademark whiny noise.

"Well that's what happens when you crawl out of the cart like that" I snapped. "Get in the van and buckle up."

She did. As we drove out of the lot, Jordan said "Mommy, you're making everything worse!"

"Huh?"

"Well I got a owie. You're not supposed to get mad when someone gets a owie!"

Then I laughed. Apparently you're not supposed to laugh either. But, being the softie that I can sometimes be, I pulled over and let her unbuckle herself and maneuver to the front of the van for her hug and all was forgiven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense