multi-purpose composter

Steven's building a compost box. He's weird. I know, I know, it's supposed to make nice succulent dirt for my flower beds, but still. Sacks of soil are relatively cheap.

Apparently it's about being good to the environment.

Today he was out in the garage building this big wooden box while the kids were scampering around at his feet. I came upon them all in mid-conversation, with Jordan talking excitedly about sleeping in the backyard. She's pumped. Steven tried to tease her by telling her that he was building this big box to stick her and Tennyson in. Somehow, through the twists and turns of the conversation, Jordan is now going to sleep in that box in the backyard.

She couldn't be happier.

She's wanted to tent in the yard with me so badly for a while now. I'm planning on doing that with her, it just hasn't happened yet. She's even more excited now that she gets to sleep in a wooden crate. I almost felt bad when I told her that she was not sleeping in the compost box. She ignored me. Completely. She did not acknowledge that I had said anything. Her mind is made up.

Jordan really wants to camp in the compost box.

Not gonna happen.

Comments

Ange said…
It's funny, I would feel bad about not letting her and yet I would feel so much worse if I actually let my kid sleep in a wooden box in the back yard. How did it go come bed time, was she upset?
Tiffany said…
She wasn't upset, because it wasn't camp out time yet! But she's convinced that we're going to spend the night in that box sometime this summer. I'm guessing that once Steven finishes it and she sees all the garbage going in there that she'll change her mind!
Ange said…
I hope she'll change her mind! Could be yucky!!!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense