farewell sweet world

I am going zip lining tomorrow with Steven, his dad and step-mom, and Steven's siblings.

Some of the group members are being a little sucky about it - you know, making comments about plummeting to their deaths and needing to upgrade their liability insurance and things like that.

I'm not a sucky at all. In fact, I'm playing it awfully cool. I even offered to "help" by pushing the wimps off the platforms.

You know what this means right?

No hesitating, no chickening out, no going back on my calm, cool, collected demeanor. You can't show fear after you've somewhat publicly mocked others for doing so.

Not that I'm scared. Nope. Not me. Not at all. I'm not the least bit apprehensive about grabbing the years-old zip line equipment with my hopefully-capable hands and stepping off the platforms while hoping that the cables aren't old, scabby, portage online purchased, rickety, substandard messes. Not worried in the least. Nor do I secretly fear that I won't be able to squeeze my fat backside into one of those little harnesses resulting in them saying "you don't need a harness ma'am, just hang on tight." I don't worry about the 150 foot drop. Vesna Vulovic fell 33,300 feet out of an airplane and was just fine except for being paralyzed from the waist down so what's 150 feet? It's all relative really.

In any case, anything is possible. So I'm going to say my bloggoodbyes.

Angela: My oldest friend. Okay, maybe not my oldest. Sonya's WAY older than you. Thanks for lunch the other day. It was delicious. Say hi to the kids from me.

Sonya: Paint or colour something. Seriously - you're awesome, don't let it slide.

Lyla: It's totally okay to name the baby after me - even if it's a boy. Especially if it's a boy. Don't conform to gender roles. Oh yeah, and thanks for helping with all that wallpaper. I never had more fun stripping with someone.

Heather: I'm going to haunt you on Grey's Anatomy night. Make sure and have regular coke there, just in case I can figure out how to drink some.

Candice: Sorry if I fall off the zip line platform and don't get to plagiarize check over your essay! Make sure Lyla names the baby Tiffany.

Lora: keep slinging spaghetti, and snapping candid pictures!

Lily: blog more, it keeps you young. Look at me, I only look about 35.

Steven and Dad & Step-Mother-In-Law: oh wait, if I go down I'm taking you with me...

I think that pretty much covers my regulars.

Pretty morbid huh? Yeah? Muhwahahahaha! Wish me luck! Cheers!

Comments

Sonya said…
You're hilarious.

I don't think I would have the guts to do that. I've never been the thrill-seeking type. My hubby on the other hand, would love to go sky diving. Go figure.

You don't have a fat backside! Far from it. I'm half your height and triple your weight...so I will steer clear of the zipline.

And not to scare you, but Devin's parents have a zipline at the farm and our cousin broke her arm this week when she attempted to use it. No safety harness though. I'm sure you'll be fine. :)
Ange said…
Hope you have fun!

Can I have your house?

You're welcome for lunch!

Love ya!
Candice said…
We used to have one when I was a kid. One time, I didn't get enough momentum and got stuck in the middle of the line, right on top of the river. My parents were *not* happy, considering they found out when the neighbor called them saying they heard someone screaming "HELP!!" from the river... And were wondering if one of my parents' hoodlum kids was missing.

Come to think of it, why did the neighbor just make a phone call when they heard a young child screaming for help down by the river? Never thought about it before.

Anyways... Have fun!!!
Tiffany said…
Aaaahahaha! I'm just imagining Candice dangling above the river for days before anyone came to rescue her...

And how is it that people own these things? I've never heard of that!
Q&L said…
Stripping was fun, maybe we could do it again when I own a house some time.
I've always wanted to go skydiving too. We contemplated zip-lining on our honeymoon on Van. island, but opted for whale watching/couple massages instead...I imagine thats not a bad trade-off.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

MIA