i have no...

... motivation.

Lately I have felt so absolutely unconcerned about house and home. I take the kids to diaper gym or the park, we do the odd thing with a friend, or we bum around in the backyard or have little siestas on the couch while the babies are sleeping.

I really do have a cleaning list. In all honesty I made it last week to distribute the housework over a week instead of busting my hump like crazy in one or two days. It's a great system, in theory. One hour of housework a day instead of five hours on one day. Then there is LOTS of time left over in each day to do other, more fun things.

Except that I find excuses. My excuse right now? I just don't feel like it. Okay, I know that's not a good excuse. I'm feeling house-lazy lately. I'm all for going for walks, or taking the kids for ice-cream, or heading off to the beach for a couple of hours. Then I get home and I couldn't be bothered. It's not like it's a total dump in here, I do what I have to do. Eventually.

I even feel computer-lazy. I haven't been blogging much. Don't get me wrong, I still read all the blogs my friends write. Would you believe I'm even more or less uninspired to comment these days? Or when someone sends me an email I read it, I know what I'd say in response, and then I click "next" with all these wonderful intentions of replying later when I have the time to respond properly, and then it's a week before I get back to it.

If you're still waiting for responses to anything, trust me, they're all in my head.

Comments

Ange said…
I know what you mean. I've been feeling a little of the same lately. Maybe there is something in the air.
Sonya said…
I think it's called summer! Us "housewives" need a bit of a holiday from the norm once and a while too. Kick back and relax!
Tiffany said…
Yeah, it's totally summer. Who wants to be chasing around a vacuum cleaner when it's gorgeous outside?!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense