a lazy day

Some days the weather is so beautiful and so perfect that I just want to be outside. So I layer sunscreen and minimal clothing on the kids and out we go. I've been asked what I do out there. I sit. I set up the water slide and/or pool for the kids and then I sit and laugh at them or visit with them or read a book. Sometimes I lay on a beach towel and the kids scramble to lay their beach towels next to me and lay too. Sometimes we water the plants and I weed. They don't weed, because then everything is suddenly a weed.

There is lots to do outside. There is also a lot of nothing to do outside on a hot summer day. It's great.

You know what I don't do on those days? Clean. I have a bit of a daily cleaning chart that I use for myself as a bit of a guide so that the house is more or less decent at any given time. It's been seriously slacked upon.

Then there are days like today. It's not nice outside. Perfect day for cleaning right?

Meh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

MIA