the frozen tundra - FOREVER

Does it ever feel like summer is never ever ever ever going to come? Ever?

In honour of June, I had decided to turn the heat off. It's JUNE already! It's about 15 degrees (59F) in my house right now. It's a little chilly. I still refuse to turn the heat back on. It's June!

For Jordan's second birthday we had a back yard pool party. Granted, it was a kiddie pool and I did fill it up with warm water from the laundry sink, but still. It was June, and my little girl was out in the yard, soaking wet in a bathing suit. There was no talk of that this year.


This picture was taken two years ago in May. I especially love the boots! We may have to get this outfit back out if it doesn't warm up soon.

Did I mention it was Jordan's birthday yesterday? She's 4! Very exciting. I think the most exciting thing is that she's actually psyched about being 4. It's cute - we ask her how old she is, or comment on her doing something "big girlish" now because she's four, and you should see her puff up with pride. It's like a personal accomplishment.

Yes, there will be some sort of birthday bonanza post for her too!

Comments

Lora said…
Happy birthday to Jordan!

I'm so jealous, because 4 is better than 3. So I hear.
Q&L said…
That is a cute pic! Happy Birthday Jordan! Where did that baby go?
Tiffany said…
Sadly, that baby is gone. Tennyson still has the toddler softness about him, but Jordan looks like a little kid. I hug her now and where she used to be all baby chub and skin and softness there is now hip bones and knees and elbows. She's long and gangly and somehow bonier. I don't even know that she's skinnier, but her shape or something is changing somehow. And she "knows" everything and she wants to do everything herself and I can't tell her things she thinks she already knows because I'm wrong. Sigh.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense