robots, exercise and pancakes - in that order

I'm hiding in the basement. The kids are running around upstairs going "da da da da da" or something. I think they may be robots. They make great robots. Did you know that all it takes to be a robot is a plastic bucket or blanket over your head?

"I'm. A. Wobot. I'm. A. Wobot."

I also changed the baby out of his pee-soaked sleeper and undershirt and poopy diaper and ditched him in the bed with Steven. I have found that all my nagging and bugging and putting my cold hands on Steven just won't get him out of bed when he's feeling lazy. Dumping a wiggling squirming baby into the bed and then running away? Works every time.

I've begun to think that Heather and I are possibly the worst workout buddies ever. At the beginning of winter, we'd make a little plan for the week - I'd tell her which days I could make it to the gym and we'd both make a point of being there so we wouldn't disappoint each other. Lately, not so much. The other night I was packing up all my stuff and I couldn't find my workout bra (it has hence been found!). I searched and searched and searched for it. I even snuck into the kids rooms and went through their dressers in case it had ended up in there on laundry day. I couldn't find it anywhere, so I just didn't go to the gym. I didn't call Heather to let her know I wasn't going because this was near midnight and I didn't want to wake up her household. The next night I saw her and I was about to explain why I had ditched her, only to have her admit that she ditched me too! We're awful! I was supposed to go this morning, but . . . okay, I don't have a good excuse, I was just too lazy to get out of bed. The worst part is that I never did fall back asleep after the alarm went off, so I should have just gone to the gym!

I'm now hanging out at the computer, in my housecoat. My excuse is that I have to click refresh on my email every few minutes to see if Ange has replied to my last email to her. In real life I'm sort of hoping that Steven is upstairs making pancakes.

Have I ever mentioned the pancakes? Steven makes pancakes. He uses the "fluffy pancake" recipe - and they are! They are towering, fluffy, delicious pancakes. I use the exact same recipe and they are NEVER fluffy like that. It makes me mad. I'm supposed to be all "domestic goddess" over here - alright, maybe not domestic goddess, maybe "frumpy housewife." But still, my pancakes should automatically turn out better.

Have I also mentioned that I am now selling Epicure? I think I said I was thinking about it. Now it's happened. I've actually had two parties already and it's going pretty good!

That's really all I can come up with. I'm seriously trying to wait out Steven and see if I get my pancakes...

Comments

Lora said…
is there some sort of show with robots that is hugely popular right now? because Jake is a robot too. All. The. Time.
Tiffany said…
I have no idea! I think lots of the shows have the obligatory "robot episode." Either that or kids are born with some sort of gene that forces them to want to be robots for a while.

My little robots are not very robot-like in their wild and crazy emotional roller coasters though.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense