weddings and fathers

It's definitely been a busy weekend. It's been a busy couple of weeks actually. It's funny how when there are lots of things happening I don't have time to blog about them - but that's when I'd actually have stuff to talk about.

Yesterday was my cousin Johnathan's wedding. He's my oldest cousin. I think he's 22. My parents were young young young when they got married and it was a while before either of their siblings added their own kids to the family.

Congrats Johnathan & Angela!


My daughter was the flower girl. I bet you think I took more pictures of my kids than of the wedding/bridal party don't you? Well, you may be right. It's kind of a toss-up.


Ever take three kids under 5 to a wedding? It's interesting. By the end of the night I was manically fluctuating between wanting to shake them silly and feeling tremendously sorry for them for having spent so much of the day getting scolded for running amok and knocking over wedding displays, crying, screaming, nose-picking, eating everyone's favors, stealing and drinking the groom's Slurpee, running around the church wiggling.


They actually did pretty well. Jordan is extremely proud of herself for being a very princess-like flower girl. She was beautiful. I'm just so proud of her so much of the time - even when she's driving me nuts.

Did I ever tell you that she tells me often that she wants to grow up and be just like me? It melts my heart.

Today was Father's Day. I started the day by letting Steven sleep in while I made a big breakfast of french toast, fried potatoes, bacon and orange juice. Then I had to admit that I hadn't actually got him a present. Later on he bought himself a toolbox for his new job tomorrow and I yelled "surprise!!" I'm so going to pretend that it was for Father's Day. I'm the best wife ever!

He knows I love him and think he's the best husband ever. Just in case he doesn't:

Dear Steven,

Our past four years of parenthood have brought many surprises, frustrations, life lessons and numerous blessings. Our kids are wonderful, crazy, unpredictable little people. I love watching them play and be mischievous and copy the things we say and do. I love watching them grow into their features and trying to determine who they look like. I love the way they rush you at the door when you come home at the end of the day.

I really love watching you be a father to our children. I've always known I wanted to be a mother. I knew I wanted to have my three kids. I had names picked out (most of which you vetoed!). The thing I didn't always think too much of was their daddy. I can honestly say that their daddy is the best part! I love that we've created this family together, that we love them together, that we take joy in them together. I can't imagine a better husband or father or best friend.

Thanks for being you.

Love, Tiffany

Tonight we went to my Grandma & Grandpa Q's house for supper. It's nice to have family get-togethers and catch up with people we don't see everyday. The kids love going because there is quite a good-sized group of kids aged 5 and under. They're crazy and loud and dirty and covered in watermelon juice by the end of the evening.

I'd like to send out a Happy Father's Day to my dad, Steven's dad and my Grandpa.

I'd like to say on behalf of the kids that Grandpas are way more fun that mommies and daddies. Don't think they don't tell! Love ya!

Comments

Lora said…
I love the family picture! We haven't done that in YEARS! Seriously, probably since before Jake was one
Ange said…
Jordan looked so pretty in her princess-like dress! You all looked really great!
Q&L said…
Fun all around! Again...cute pics!

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense