memories of thanksgivings past

Note: Before I begin, I love you Lyla! This is no way should
be evidence that Lyla wishes ill on her friends. lol.

Lyla:
Watcha doing roomie?

Tiffany: Slicing potatoes for my Zuppa Toscana soup. It's to bring to my Grandma's house for supper!

Lyla: Hey wait a minute! [dashes off] Try this, it's a slicer!

Tiffany: Okay!

Lyla: Although your perfectly safe, efficient method seems to be working, why don't you try using the potato slicer without using the thing to hold the potato? Just hold it with your hand. Don't worry, everything will be fine.

(that, my friends, is some pretty blatant foreshadowing)

Tiffany: Okay, since you are one of my best friends, and are only looking out for my best interests, I will abandon the use of the safety features of this product and walk the wild (and somehow more efficient) side.

*****

I sliced the tip of my finger right off. I ran down the hallway, clutching my finger in my hand. There was a trail of blood all the way down the hall. When I got to the bathroom sink I finally looked at my finger to discover I had sliced the tip right off. That's right people, I saw flesh. To make it even more interesting, the blood pulsed out in rhythm with my heart-beat. I seriously mean pulsed. It was a little geyser.

I missed thanksgiving. But don't worry, I only spent 8 hours waiting in the emergency room, and another hour or two waiting in the hospital room. Lyla did bring me hot chocolate. She felt pretty bad. She even brought my finger tip to the hospital for me in a baggie, just in case they wanted to glue it back on.

Comments

Sonya said…
Why have I never heard this before? It must not be too big of piece or I'd of noticed by now!
Tiffany said…
Well, it's not like we hit bone or anything. Just the tip of the finger - encompassing all 7 layers (is that how many there are?) of skin. It actually healed pretty darn well!
Anonymous said…
AAAHHH!!!!
Heather said…
What the heck?? Is it feeling better at all??
Tiffany said…
It's feeling fine, especially since it happened years ago!
Q&L said…
I felt really bad that you had to miss your gathering...but I really wanted to spend time with you :)
Q&L said…
Just to be clear, I'm pretty sure I suggested using the safety feature - the potato encompasser, but someone passed if off as being inefficient?? Was that how it went?
Tiffany said…
Oh no, I was holding the potato thing, and you told me that I should just hold the potato. I distinctly remember. That's why you felt so bad after. Remember I razzed you about it FOREVER after?

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense