from the mouths of babes

Yesterday at church someone was talking about operation Christmas child. She was letting us know the little details, and the goals of the church. She then said to the kids to make sure to help their parents buy little things for the box.

Jordan had been standing in front of her chair listening to all this talk about Christmas presents. Then she climbs back up, sits really tightly against me, hugs my arm and says "Mommy, I don't want to go in the box." She was very concerned. I hugged her and told her not to worry, she didn't have to go in the box if she didn't want to. The people around us had a good chuckle.

Then, later at home she says to me "Mommy, Jamin calls his mom 'Mom'." I told her that was okay. She then goes on to say "I want to call you Mom too, just like Jamin."

I don't know if she'll be allowed to play with that Jamin anymore.

Back to Christmas child, I definitely want to do a box this year, maybe two. I wanted to last year, but I forgot about it and then the deadline came and went. Anybody else doing one?

Comments

Q&L said…
That's cute...she doesn't want to go oversees just yet!?
I usually do one or two...haven't discussed this year yet...so we'll see.
Tiffany, Paul Brandt encourages us all to prepare boxes...if Paul says it, you should do it! lol
Sonya said…
I'm doing three - one for each age category in the boys. Fun shopping!
Candice said…
We're doing one! But, please, someone remind us as the deadline gets closer, I'm bound to forget...
Tiffany said…
The deadline is in November sometime I think. I should really look it up. Maybe i should put a ticker in!
Ange said…
We like to do them, but last year, like you said, the deadline came and went and we forgot. We'll have to see. I had this idea that we'd do one for each of the kids, and whatever age they were/are at the time, that's the age group we would use for the boxes. I, of course, would buy for a girl. But Jamin would do one for a 3-4 year old and Aaron would do one for a 1 year old.
Q&L said…
Good idea Ange!!

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense