10 weeks

It's been 10 weeks since Mitchell was born. It's funny, on one hand it doesn't feel like it's been that long. On the other, it feels like it's been forever since I've had 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

About the clothes; when Jordan was a baby I'd take her out of her crib every morning, change her diaper, and immediately put her into a new outfit. She had LOTS of new outfits. First babies really have it made - baby showers, crazy people who bring gifts forever, and mommies who can devote all their time and attention to the one special little person. By the time baby #3 comes along, well let's just say that if a sleeper is clean in the morning he stays in it. After all, he just had a bath the night before. None of this washing a sleeper after only half a day's wear nonsense. And outfits? Today is the third time Mitchell has worn an actual outfit. In my defense, he has some really really cute sleepers.

A hint of an actual smile in this next one. He's still pretty stingy with his smiles.

Here he's pondering just how he went from having me make crazy faces and voices, eager to get him to smile, to sitting alone in his baby swing.

Of course, I cannot take pictures of baby without the older two getting jealous. I actually had a really great pose of Jordan and Mitchell on the couch, but my camera's batteries died and I couldn't eke one more picture out of them. Now she's off watching tv - I mean, practicing the alphabet, and Tennyson is going to take over pestering me to divide my attention.

Comments

Candice said…
Hey Tiffany - I checked out your church's website, they seem really welcoming but at the same time not intimidating - It's such a hard line to walk, they do a great job! How are you finding it?
Tiffany said…
That's not actually the one I've been going to. I just want to keep an eye on that one, because I know that they have lots of extra programs!

The one I have been going to - okay, only a few times really - is smaller and reminds me more of the one I grew up in.
Candice said…
Church "shopping" is always so awkward!
Tiffany said…
It really is! If you go to one a few times, and then go to a different one to see what they're about, you feel like you're somehow saying that the first one isn't good enough. That's not necessarily the case!
Anonymous said…
Alright, your child can only stay 10 weeks for so long!!!
Q&L said…
It's now been almost 11 weeks since Mitchell was born :)...and 1 week since Tiffany's last post. Just jokes!!!
Tiffany said…
He's not 11 weeks for two days! Sheesh! Don't worry, someday I'll post again. Maybe.
Sonya said…
Are you on strike?
Tiffany said…
It's only been 5 days! Or... maybe I'm on sabbatical. Or... maybe I'm on strike since there are a lot of slackers out there. You know who you are. Lyla.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense