musings

  • We all know that men never truly grow up. But does anybody? Women I think show a more sophisticated and mature persona, and yet when I logged in here and saw that I had 69 more days until the baby came I almost laughed.
  • I haven't been able to put my feet on the floor since I saw the monstrous mutant spider. If it suddenly decides to attack the pregnant woman with her legs crossed on the computer chair (and squeezed under the keyboard tray) it might have a definite advantage. Spiders are bastards that way.
  • There is a plastic, slightly broken, green garden table sitting on my front lawn (right between the toilet planter and the broken refrigerator). I wrote Tiffany & Steven on it with kids chalk and put a big heart around it. If he doesn't notice when he gets home in the morning he's in so much trouble.
  • I do more writing in the comment section of the blogs of others than some people do in their own blog posts.
  • When Jordan gets up in the middle of the night complaining that the shadows in her room are scary and "have eyes" it sort of creeps me out. We cuddle and I tell her that everything is okay, and then she falls asleep and I lay in bed in the dark (and all alone on Steven's midnight week) and tell myself that it's ridiculous. Shadows most certainly DO NOT have eyes. And there's nobody lurking in my house.
  • How long does it take after you gingerly set your foot down on the foot of the computer chair for your leg to completely regain feeling? Because I know that there is a spider creeping about my computer room licking its chops and waiting to eat the foot off my leg. And because my leg is so helplessly asleep I won't even feel it until it's too late.
  • Maybe if the first thing I saw when I opened this page WASN'T a picture of a big ugly spider I wouldn't think of it so much as I sat here feeling creepy crawly.
  • Just in case you take this stuff literally I'd like to point out that I was kidding about the toilet planter and the broken refrigerator in my yard. There is, however, a slightly broken green plastic table.

Comments

Q&L said…
i have a blog on paper, I just need to load it on the computer.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon