whose kids are these anyway?

Now I have to blog more, because Ange is on here now and I think she has blogged at least once after I blogged the last one. I know though that she'll be all flattered that I mentioned her. I just won't give out her street address or anything.

My son has been a monster the last couple of days! And I don't mean those cute, cuddly monsters on Toupee and Binou. He's been atrocious. He had his 1 year needle a week and a half ago, and right on cue he's got the rash and the attitude. I think he thinks his life is over. Since Monday morning he's been following me around wailing with his mouth open and his eyes giving me their accusatory "somehow you made me unhappy and now you better fix me or you'll pay" look. And pay I have! You know how sometimes in the morning or after a nap they're a little whiny and need a bit of cuddling before being released into the house? Yesterday - 40 minutes. And there was nothing "little" about it. He didn't want up, he didn't want down, he didn't want his sippy cup, he didn't want his sippy cup set down. He didn't want cheerios, he didn't not want cheerios. He screamed and cried and dragged along behind me while holding my pant legs. If I ignored him he screamed louder and stomped his feet. The stomping is actually kind of funny, because he sort of runs in place during this type of tantrum. If I sat and tried to hold him he'd cry and wriggle and act as though he wanted down, and upon being set down he'd completely meltdown and wail louder while trying desperately to climb back up. I have no idea what to do about this. I'm thinking a good shaking would make him happier. A shaken baby is a happy baby. Okay, for those of you who are dialing CFS right now, please know that I'm kidding. There's a big fine line between a good shaking and a little jiggling. lol.

Seriously though, I know this is symptomatic of his needle, but he is DRIVING ME CRAZY!! And the emotionally supportive mother that I am? Once I have enough of this he goes in his crib so at least I can have a break from him clinging to my legs, tripping over my feet, and slamming his head into the floor, even if I can still hear him cry. Like Steven said today (over the screams), it's amazing how having kids brings about some of the best and worst moments in life. So true.

Like the time Jordan held her breath and passed out. We didn't know there was such a thing. We thought she was dying. So like any good parents who didn't want to pay the ambulance bill we loaded her into the car and raced to emergency. Of course by the time we got there she was fine and being bad at the hospital.

Comments

Sonya said…
I have had those days too! Except for the kid holding their breath til they pass out - never seen that yet. Heard about it though. I can't believe she actually did that! Scary stuff. Keep the posts coming!
Ange said…
Sorry Tif, I just read this and your kids aren't here yet. What am I in for today? Maybe cookies will cheer him up. Lots and lots of cookies. lol
Ange said…
I tried to vote on your poll and it wouldn't let me. Just so you know though, it would be spiders, ticks then crickets. Crickets are just annoying, not so much gross. At least they don't try to suck your blood or chew off your leg.
Tiffany said…
See Candice! Spiders, ticks, then crickets.

Ange - don't know why it wouldn't let you vote!
Tiffany said…
Ange - I voted for you! SOMEONE was silly enough to vote crickets, ticks, spiders, so I had to add yours in to make this thing more believable!
Ange said…
Thanks, I tried to vote again and it still won't let me. Your page is hostile towards me.
Candice said…
If that was a cricket, and I'm not positive that it was, it was the biggest cricket I have ever seen in my life. I'm not kidding you, that picture is nearly the actual size of the monster. And, if that *was* a cricket, than crickets are scary!
Tiffany said…
Candice, I don't know, I'm still a little skeptical! Snap a picture of a spider and then we'll talk!

Sonya - the breath holding thing happens. Jordan actually did it a bunch of times after that, and it's really weird the way they just roll their eyes back and pass out. It totally freaked me out the first time. Now I can actually tell by her cry if she's going to do it, and someone told me to blow in her face. It works!

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense