resumes, cover letters, interviews - oh my!

I'm working on a cover letter right now. I never really know what to say in a cover letter. I tend to be a pretty modest person, and I never know how to write down my strengths without sounding like I'm bragging. That's probably what they expect though.

Do you ever feel like even though you build yourself up on paper and write a fantastic resume, that they'll see right through you during the interview? Perhaps we should give more credit to the person we've described on paper.

This is so tough, and I really really want this job, so I'd rather not botch the first impression (even if it is on paper). It's for a Grade 10 English and Geography teacher. It would be perfect. I'd love nothing more than to teach English, and with a bit of polishing I could do pretty well at geography too.

Wish me luck. Or better yet I'll wish myself luck, hope I get an interview, and then try my darnedest to show them that I didn't invent some fictitious resume character!

Note: Would you believe that "darnedest" is actually in the spell checker database? Go figure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's