dishwashers, and, apparently, bear hunting.

My boys are begrudgingly drying dishes for me. They're talking about how when they grow up, they're going to have dish washers and dish dryers. Then this conversation happens:

"Yeah," says Mitchell. "Because I don't wanna do work."

"Mitch," I sigh, "You're never going to get married you know." (not that we push the idea that everyone needs to get married, but just go with me.)

"I don't wanna get married," he says, matter of factly.

Okay, now Mitchell is this total cuddly sweetheart who has lots of girl friends at school.

"Mitch," I say, "Why not?"

"Because."

"What if you find a really really nice girl that you really like and you want to be with her all the time?"

"I won't."

"You might. And you can cuddle up and watch movies and have fun snacks."

"I can watch movies all by myself and eat ALL the snacks."

"Hey," said Tennyson, "We can live together! And buy shotguns and hunt bears!" This really came out of nowhere.

"Yeah!" said Mitchell. "And we'll get a dishwasher and a dish dryer!"

"And we can eat all sorts of animals that we hunt!" exclaims Tennyson.

These kids are totally weird, and kind of hilarious.

Comments

Steven said…
Well who doesn't love shooting a good bear to eat.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon