today's to-do's

Things to do:
  • dust. As if. It's been on my list for weeks, I mean, days.
  • prepare income tax stuff. Too bad it's all scattered within different piles of papers throughout the house, garage, back lane, trunk of the neighbor's car.
  • sort piles of paper (see previous).
  • cook carrots and sweet potatoes. Puree into a delicious paste to be fed to the baby and sneaked into my family's dinner.
  • make dinner (or "supper", if I don't want to sound all hoity toity). Add "orange puree" and "white bean puree" to the pizza sauce. Wait to see if husband notices.
  • daydream of the day when Steven's scurvy clears up.
  • pick up the big kids from school (it lets out in 8 minutes. I should probably go now).
okay, going . . .

. . . okay, back. You'd be pleased to know that although school let out only 8 minutes after I posted that last bullet, I first went down and switched my wash into the dryer and started another load in the washer.

I remember, once upon a time, vaguely thinking that staying home with the kids would kind of be like an extended holiday. Ha!

Although, to be real, it's not like there are really 8 hours worth of "chores" to do. Today I cleaned the bathrooms (takes about an hour to do all 3 properly), and did one-hundred sixty-thousandy-eight (it really is a word) loads of laundry before noon. Of course, when you add this to making breakfast, feeding the baby, cleaning up breakfast, changing numerous poopy diapers, remaking a peed-in bed, drinking a half pot of coffee, taking kids to school and picking the kids up after school (all before lunch), the hours disappear quickly. It's amazing where the time goes.

Oh right, the To Do List.
  • finish laundry. I don't even really mind laundry except that it piles up super fast. Remember - 4 kids, 1 husband, me, towels and shower curtain.
  • maybe mop the floor. I'm going to leave this one until the end. I hate mopping. It's also been on my list for "days."
  • sign up for fresh veggie delivery.
  • find the printer cord (how on earth we lost it I'll never know) so that I can print out the sign up sheet for veggie delivery.
  • dishes. I should probably put this on here twice.
  • phone these people about that, phone those people about this. So many phone calls. I'm like the family secretary.
Ooh, water is boiling. I've run out of bread so I'm indulging the kids love of KD. I'm also going to add white bean puree to it. I wonder if they'll notice.

Comments

Ange said…
great to do list! I have things that have been on my list for "days" too. heehee
Ange said…
I like the look of your blog!
Tiffany said…
Thanks! I was finding that the other design was a little hard to read. I think this one is better!
Anonymous said…
I love your list, I have things that have been on my list for "days" lol
Whats the veggie delivery thinkg? I have heard a lot of people talking about it!!
Steph said…
opps that is steph!!! lol
Tiffany said…
It's this farm that sells shares of their big gardens, and each week they pick everything that is ripe and in season and deliver it to portage! I'm totally signing up. You just pay for the entire summer (June - Oct) up front and then each week you get fresh veggies. I'm very excited!
Q&L said…
since when do you drink coffee??? next on the list for change in your life is to use your dishwasher. hahaha
Tiffany said…
I started drinking cappuccinos when I was pregnant with Mitchell. I don't know what it was, but I suddenly had a taste for them! From there I moved to mochas, and then coffee! Mmmm. So good now. Not that I drink it black or anything, in a cup of coffee I have 1.5 tsps of sugar and a splash of milk.

Dishwasher? Are you nuts?? :P

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense