teeth

Today Jordan curls up beside me on the couch - it's a detour on her way to do something more fun, I'm sure.

"Mommy, how come I don't have a loose tooth?" Some of her friends have lost teeth already.
"Oh I don't know, let me check," I say, knowing she'll open wide and peer at me while I "examine" her teeth. She's so sweet and trusting, and not shy about anything.

I check. I find a loose tooth right in the front on the bottom. She had no idea it was there. Now that she knows, however, it's seriously excitement-worthy.

Kids are awesome.

Elliot now has two teeth on the bottom and one at the top, and like her sister she has opted to sprout the two side teeth on top before the top two middle teeth. She'll be the proud wearer of the Vampire Look for a while. I used to tell Jordan that if she wanted to go out and about with me that she better grow those middle ones in too. I told Elliot that (in a totally goofy, non-threatening voice) and was rewarded with an adoring baby vampire smile.

Just call her Nessie.

Comments

Naomi said…
my goodness my kids are slow with teeth! Brayden got his first one over a month ago and we've been waiting on that 2nd one to pop through for weeks now. I think it's close but come on already! Ashton didn't get any teeth until he was 8 months either but after the first one, they actually started coming pretty steadily.

I can just see that little vampire of yours! lol that would be cute!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense