a sleeping baby

I've been trying to wean Elliot off of the one last night feeding. It's going pretty well! On Friday night she woke up some time after midnight and cried for about an hour and a half. On Sunday night she slept through until about six in the morning, and although I've decided that I'm not feeding her anymore before 7am I decided to feed her just because it was so close. Sunday night/Monday morning - more crying. Probably only about 45 minutes. Monday night/Tuesday morning - more crying. The odds were stacked against her due to a cold and another round of teething. Tuesday night/this morning - she slept until 6:30! I heard her around midnight, probably because Steven, although mumbling through the day otherwise, speaks very loudly and clearly in the bedroom, at night, across the hall from where the kids sleep. Go figure.

Is it a little condescending to constantly remind the husband to use his "Inside Voice?" Didn't think so.

She squawked a little and then settled back down and slept until 6:30 this morning. I decided to just leave her and get myself through the shower. I love the shower. The other kids also have to stay in their rooms until 7, so 6:30 - 7 is a perfect shower window. She must have awakened Jordan, because Jordan was in there singing and playing with her, and kept her happy until well after 7. Go big sister!

I couldn't be happier. I'm not expecting it to be absolutely perfect from now until forever, but I'm definitely happy with my little pork chop this morning. I remember doing this with Tennyson and he cried for exactly five nights, and then never again. My fingers are crossed. You should see the giant breakfast Elliot eats after 12 hours of waiting.

Before you think we're totally mean - yes we do go in and snuggle her every so often, it's not like she thinks that we all went away for the weekend and forgot her in the crib.

That would suck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense