tid bits

I'm changing my profile picture. I know, the kids are cute. My facebook picture is a picture of Jordan. I got thinking - although right now my biggest role in my life is "mother", I am still "Tiffany". I shall not be dwarfed.

Not that it's anything against being a mother. Not at all. I just think that my identity should prevail. Isn't that a gift you can give your kids? I think so. I think it's cool that my own mom is a person, I'm going to be one too.

***

I had emotional melt-down last night. Remember the ten days of illness in my home? Well that was followed by Steven trying to fix a leaky faucet.

Before I continue, no, Steven is not actually training to be a plumber. He's training for a heating and cooling technician. It's actually quite different. So the fact that he's been somewhat unsuccessful in his attempt to fix that faucet has nothing to do with his profession.

We bought a new faucet for the bathroom. He installed it. He soldered it and got the whole blasted thing together. The faucet had been leaking so badly that we actually had to turn the water off when we weren't showering. After installing the new one and flipping it back on, it leaked behind the wall. He took the whole thing apart again, which involved lots of fun un-soldering. Then he cleaned it all up and redid it. It leaked again. This is dragging over the course of several days. It started Sunday.

I showered Sunday morning. I was looking forward to having a hot soaking bath last night (Monday) since everything had been apart Monday morning. He fixed it all up again and it still leaked. He then bought some putty and just slathered it all over the outside of the leaky part in a desperate attempt to get this done. We had to wait hours for the stuff to cure. At midnight we flipped the water on.

It leaked.

He could not figure out why I was so upset. I think he thought I'd lost my mind.

***

This morning I got out of bed. It was cold in here. I wasn't too surprised because I usually turn the heat down at night, but it felt colder than usual. I checked the thermostat. It was set at 19. The temperature was only 14.

***

Life is so frustrating sometimes.

Comments

Lora said…
I think the greatest gift a woman can give her children is the sense that she is more than just mommy. That her daughters can grow up to be themselves, and not just a mommy.
That her sons can grow up to see other women as individuals, and not just a mommy.

You go, Tiffany!
Ange said…
I sure hope it warms up in there for you and that you can finally have your nice hot bath.
Tiffany said…
We're still out with the shower. It sucks! Now we just put a bucket underneath the drip and drape plastic over the unfinished hole in the wall and shower fast. You would not believe how fast this gets old.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon