skirmishes

Yesterday I was on the phone and making lunch when the kids started scrapping. Isn't that always when they act up? I tried to shush them, but soon Jordan was shrieking because Tennyson had bitten her. I hung up the phone and gave him a smack on the bottom. He ran down the hall crying and hid in my room. Not so easy to hide when you're crying. Jordan scurried off to the living room.

A minute later I went in to talk to Jordan. I figured (as saintly as she is) that she may not be innocent either.

"Why did Tennyson bite you?"

"Because I punched him."

"Do you think that was nice?"

"No."

"Maybe you should go and tell Tennyson sorry and see if he's okay."

"Ok."

She ran down the hall and I went back to making lunch. I could hear them in my room.

"Tennyson, I'm sorry I punched you," Jordan said.

"That's okay. I'm sorry I bited you."

Then there was a pause, and I figured they were hugging. Mostly because they usually have to hug after a fight (not that they mind too much) and partly because I could hear Jordan say "But no kissing after."

That brought a giggle from Tennyson, and a shriek from Jordan as she came running back down the hall with a giggling, kissy Tennyson chasing her. Just like that and all was well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense