oh what a week

This has been a crazy week. Or, last week I guess.

The Thursday before Halloween, Jordan threw up. It was about 8 o'clock at night. She didn't stop until 4 in the morning. Then Tennyson threw up once on Halloween morning. Then on Sunday night it was my turn.

In the midst of all this, Mitchell got pretty sick. He had a heck of a nasty cough and runny nose, and I realized he was (and still is) cutting four teeth all at once. Last Tuesday, around noon I noticed he felt a little hotter. I'd been keeping an eye on his temperature because of all this flu stuff. I checked it again. It was 40.2. I did it again to make sure and it was the same. The day before he had a 5 hour nap, and that morning he had fallen asleep again. He looked terrible. When his temperature spiked I panicked and took him to emergency.

They found that he had an ear infection and sent us home with a prescription for antibiotics and instructions to give him lots of tylenol for his fever. The next day his temperature hadn't budged so I took him back again. That doctor told us to alternate between tylenol and advil around the clock and try to break his fever. Around 2 am he finally cooled off. Was I ever relieved.

Imagine how happy he's been this week with a fever, 4 teeth and an ear infection. Add to that a few bouts of throwing up.

Somewhere in there, Tennyson was sick in his bed again, and Mitchell also. The last someone was sick was ten days after Jordan first was.

It's been a long, crappy (pardon the pun - yes there was lots of "that" too) week. I'm crossing my fingers that we're in the clear. One day of stomach flu in the home is bad enough, never mind ten!

Comments

Sonya said…
Aw man, that stinks. Sick kids (and Moms) are no fun. I'm the only puking one around here - thankfully it's not contagious. :)
Hope you're all on the mend!
Tiffany said…
Pretty darn sure that my days of hanging in the bathroom for various reasons have nothing to do with the reasons you're nauseous!

Yeah, we're on the mend. Mitchell's still kind of miserable, although maybe not quite so inconsolable today. He had a 4 hour nap. That sure helped me to cope with the sick, achy baby!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense