the dreaded novel

Writing a novel is kind of hard. Especially since I don't really have an outline and I don't really know what's going to happen next. You've probably all noticed by now that I stick a whole bunch of dialogue in there just to use up some words (and make fun of Steven, just a little).

Then there's the writer's block.

Then there's writing about my husband. I was trucking along until we had a little tiff the other day and then I felt all grumpy towards him. You know how hard it is to write cute, funny, not-to-mean stuff about your husband when you're a little grumpy at him? It's tough.

Maybe tonight he'll bring me flowers and the novel will be back on track.

Just a friendly reminder: The novel is supposed to be bad. That's its job. It's not about being good. So as you're reading it, don't think "gee, good thing this isn't her profession," because if I was writing a real novel, which I'm not it would (hopefully) not be quite so terrible!

That being said, keep watching for updates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense