jordan, i have a question for you

Cut and paste these questions and ask, you have to put the first answer your child says...

1. What is something I always say to you? Yes or no.

2. What makes me happy? Me not being bad.

3. What makes me sad? Me doing stuff that I shouldn't do.

4. How do I make you laugh? Tickling me and doin' other funny stuff.

5. What was I like as a child? Bottles and vegetables and food and toys.

6. How old am I? Forty-six.

7. How tall am I? One, two, three, four, five, six, seven (as she runs her hand up my leg and side). That means you have to go very high.

8. What is my favorite thing to do? Play with Mitchell and eat and play and tickle.

9. What do I do when you're not around? Play. When I'm not here you play piano.

10. If I become famous, what will it be for? Nothing. (laughs evilly)

11. What am I really good at? That (pointing at the computer) and piano.

12. What am I not very good at? Um . . . changing Mitchell's diaper of poop.

13. What do I do for a job? Play on there (the computer) and play on the piano (very one track tonight!)

14. What is my favorite food? Eggs and sandwiches and breakfast and supper and lunch and that's all your favorite stuff.

15. What makes you proud of me? Playing on there (computer) and playing on the piano and buying new beds, and going at the beach and putting stuff in the garbage and pouring tea.

16. If I were a cartoon character, who would I be? Nobody.

17. What do we do together? Paint and paint - I wanna paint our house today.

18. How are we the same? We have the same arms.

19. How are we different? With the dots. You have the dots (freckles on my arm) and I have no dots.

20. How do you know I love you? Me doing good stuff and you love me!

21. What do I like most about your dad? Huggin him and drinking iced tea and eating all your supper (why is it all about food? I didn't think I was that bad!).

22. Where is my favorite place to go? To Bubba's house and all my grandmas and all my grandpas.

Comments

Q&L said…
That is so cute! I get to see those bumpkins this weekend :) and hopefully Angela's too!
Lora said…
I think kids are just so into food that it transfers over.

And "paint and paint" I love it! Jake says "played and played" every time I asked him what he did all day. I picture Jordan sounding just like him!
Tiffany said…
I think that they think that by repeating it they're getting across that it really matters! If Jordan's ever upset about something, she'll retell the story and say "and I cried and cried." It's cute.

I love that kids are all kind of the same (even though they're wildly different). It makes me feel not so crazy when I hear that I'm not the only ones whose kids do and say the things they do! Having your own kids kind of gives you a frame of reference for other peoples' kids too.

My brother once asked if my son was walking yet. He was 18 months old, I told him that yes, the baby was walking.
Tiffany said…
FYI - I am not 46.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense