lonely friday night

Sigh.

Steven is on a rotating schedule of days and nights. This means that out of four weekends he has two weekends off, one day shift weekend, and one night shift weekend. This is the night shift weekend. Along with spiders, junior high kids, and Steven getting way ahead on Wii when I'm not home, his night shift weekend is the bane of my existence. Friday, Saturday and Sunday of me.

I am so not my own best friend.

For instance, I sabotage myself. Lately I have realized that not only do I eat lots of junk, I eat it more than once a day! The other day it occurred to me that I had a chocolate bar, 7 cookies and a cinnamon bun (yes - with cream cheese smeared all over it). That wasn't even on night shift weekend! That's when I sneak a chocolate bar when I'm in the van. So I don't have to share. When he's on nights and I'm lonely in the evening it's worse. Today though, I'm doing pretty good. Only one cinnamon bun so far.

Sometimes I start these little projects that I know I'm not going to finish. The intentions are great, but the follow through is pathetic. For instance (I know, "for instance" sounds especially clever when I say it 18 times in one post), tonight I decided that it was time to gather up all the stray papers, nicknacks, Steven's tools, and pictures (including albums, paper cutters, page protectors and frames - the last project that was still scattered all over my dining table) and put the entire mess all on the island so I could sort it and put it all away. Where I'm planning on putting it I'm not sure, the mess in my computer room far rivals that of the little bit of stuff upstairs. If someone could please tell me that they tend to leave piles of things "to be filed" in different and interesting places that would make me feel better. If you're a completely organized and crazy neat and tidy person please just pretend that this whole blog is one of those dream sequences where the author wakes up to realize that life isn't really this way.

Sometimes I just watch hours of tv. That's the best - this way I don't start little projects that I won't finish and then get all mad at the kids for the next 10 days for touching my stuff until I finally cram said stuff back into the pantry closet.

This all being said, I'll get to the point! If Lyla, Candice and Lorelie all lived close by, and Angela was actually home sometimes I'd make you all come over for a movie. After all, calories consumed with friends don't count.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Call me next time Steven's on night shift weekend. I'll come over and watch a movie with you!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense