crazy kids

Steven's off today, and I am not. I'm working today in high school. High school is my absolute preference for subbing - I like it better than the little kids, and WAY better than junior high, except that today I have grade 9 science all day. If you do the math, you'll realise that grade 9 is only one year past grade 8. Grade 8 is junior high. There, now that you're all caught up on this I'll add to it the fact that the next class has 29 students in it.

Aside: Oddly enough, grade 10 is my favorite high school grade. Go figure.

Back to Steven being off: not fair, especially being that I'm in grade 9 all day. It is funny though, that last night I threatened to hop the kids up on sugar before I left this morning. I kind of forgot about it until Jordan started asking for cookies. Like a good mom, I told her she had to finish her Honey Nut Cheerios first and then she could have a cookie. I don't think I've ever seen her eat the sugary confection as fast as she did today, before proudly holding her up bowl to show me that she was done. To reward her I gave her the biggest cookie and a glass of tang-like juice to wash it down with. To Steven's horror I also gave the baby a cookie. Of his own. hehe. At least I made him eat some nice jammy toast first.

My first class today is a prep (fancy word for spare if you're a sub), so I called home to talk about my upcoming grade 9 classes. Turns out Jordan has already emptied the contents of her dresser and dragged it into the living room. He now has them in the bath, and I could hear them squealing away as Steven tried to get Tennyson to stop climbing the sides of the tub. You'll remember Steven's bathtime successes from a previous post.

Crazy kids anyway, at school and at home. Oh how I miss my babies! I may have to go home at lunch and give them some more cookies.

Comments

Q&L said…
you're bad...lol

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense