about the chicken

I went to Co-op the other day. They're having a warehouse sale and I was really excited to buy a box of chicken. It's usually $40 but down to $26 or $28 or something.

Remember the days when we were excited to have friends over on a Friday night or go out, or buy needless things? Now it's about chicken on sale.

I grabbed my chicken along with a few other things and made my way to the checkout. The clerk rang my stuff through and it was obvious right away that she had forgotten something big, but she was just standing there with a friendly smile on her face and reading me my total. As much as a free box of chicken would have been a lovely bonus, I quickly pointed out her error and pulled the box out of my cart to be re-scanned.

And you thought I ran from the store with the box of chicken didn't you?
Just like the tv ad where the woman goes running from the store yelling "Start the Car!!"

It's funny how doing the right thing makes you feel all good about yourself, but still you think of how close you came to a free box of chicken!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense