winter wonderland

If you call our drive way and our yard a winter wonderland. It is pretty wondrous though when we have our kids out in it. I always want to wait until Tennyson falls asleep to take Jordan outside, but today Steven was home so I thought heck, every eight month old baby who can't walk or get around that good really really wants to get bundled up in a snowsuit and get smushed into a sled and watch everyone else have fun. So that's what we did!

Our afternoon started outside in our own yard. We have a sled and a toboggan so we put the kids in them and ran around the backyard towing Jordan. Tennyson was pretty solemn about it. He didn't cry, but he did looked a little annoyed/bored/noncommittal about the whole thing. We then pulled them over to the school down our street where there was a little snow hill (snow"bump" would be more fitting) and let Jordan toboggan down it a bunch of times. It's funny the dilemmas we face as a mother. For instance, I'm sitting on the hill watching my daughter clamber up it with about as much grace as a two year old wearing her weight in snow gear can muster, and ten minutes later after we've finally helped her up I have a question. It is this - should I go down with her, or let her go down by herself? Shall I find a really smooth spot, or let her go over those bumps . . . First I sent her down a smooth spot, which she did really well! The second time she wanted a different spot because she wanted to sled to Daddy. There was a slight dip but I thought she'd be okay. Um, yeah. Steven and I could hardly contain our laughter when she stopped dead a foot after she started and fell over the top of the toboggan and dunked her little face in a fluffy snowy spot. She wasn't hurt so laughing is okay (isn't it?). She's such a trooper though, and I know she can't really get hurt doing this stuff, so she gets to try! So many people baby their children forever, and anyone who knows me knows that I'm not likely to do that. Not that I'm not the first one to her when she does hurt herself, nor will I put her in dangerous situations, but come on, a snoutful of snow never hurt anyone!

Here is a video of her tobogganing down the snow hill:



Tennyson fell asleep on the way back. I tried to take a picture because it was so cute, him sitting there straight up and down and sleeping away, but the camera died after the video.



Jordan and I tried to make a snowman when we got home, but the snow wasn't sticky enough. Maybe in a few more days I'll have a picture of our snowman, because we are determined to make one!

Happy New Years everybody, and I hope the year brings you lots of family fun and laughter.

Now you bunch of slackers, get blogging!

Comments

Q&L said…
Jordan is uber-cute and Tennyson-I feel your pain, it's cold outside, and your Mom bundles you super thick and sticks you in a hard plastic toboggan, hoping you'll have a good time-life is hard, if you want a break, come visit Auntie Lyla.
Candice said…
Wow, Jordan is awesome and that looks like soooo much fun. Thanks for posting this, its a great post and I should have commented on it earlier!
Tiffany said…
i know, everyone should have commented a long long time ago! that's why i couldn't move on, because i know that once this post has six new ones in front of it, nobody will ever check it again!
Candice said…
Yeah, sometimes we have some blogs cued up too, but won't post them because we want to make sure people read the one "on top."

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense