responsibilities of men

I was reading Tom & Candace’s blog, and Tom was talking about the responsibilities of men. Since he looked more at the “big picture” I decided to enlighten him with some of the little stuff. Not that it’s so little!

These are some things for you men to know.

A good man:
  • Brings his wife a flower once in a while. Seriously, do it. and when women want "flowers" we don't mean that we want you guys to bust the bank and spend $50 on some flowers. For crying out loud, they are just flowers after all. I’d be mad if Steven spent that much on flowers. I’m not that high maintenance. Lucky for him. Just get one - the whole point is to show your beloved that even when she's not right in your vicinity, you are still thinking about her. If you can’t find flowers, a Wunderbar will do in a pinch. Mmmm. . . .
  • Never ever EVER accuses his wife of being hormonal when she had “issues” that make her somewhat emotional. Seriously, there are things you just don’t say gentlemen!
  • Hugs and kisses his wife when he comes home. This is the very first thing he does, before flopping onto the couch, checking his email, or hugging and kissing the kids. I know what you’re thinking - oh come on, hug the kids first. Okay, so if the kids ambush him at the door that’s fine, but you should be thinking of the quickest route to your lovely wife, even after you have been married for 3 years and 8 months, or whatever hypothetical time you may think of. Besides, someday those kids will be teenagers who may not want to hug and kiss you, and then they’ll be adults and move away, and who’s left? That’s right.
  • Takes his plate to the counter, helps dry dishes, lowers toilet seat. Maybe try noticing when your wife has done an exceptionally good house-clean. Although we don’t necessarily do it for you, we do want to be appreciated!
  • Tells his wife that she’s his best friend, and means it.
  • Encourages his wife to have friends and spend time with friends, even if it means that he may have to entertain himself for a while. She loves you, she needs you, but she needs girlfriends too. If you love her, you’ll want this for her.
  • Takes one last look into his wife’s eyes before turning off the lamp at night. This is a good time for a nice hug and kiss too. We like those. As an aside to the hug and kiss thing (you know how I love asides), not every hug has to be an excuse to grab chest areas. Sometimes a hug should just be a hug!
  • Ends each day with an I Love You.

Not much else to say. Of course all men aren’t perfect, not all women are either, although we’re probably closer. Basically, we just want you to be a good person and we want to feel loved. We want you to love our kids and help make a happy home and family. There are so many good guys out there, and you lucky women know who you are. I know I feel pretty ecstatic about the man in my life.


Isn't he just adorable!

Comments

Candice said…
Last night Tom told me I was his best friend..I wonder if this blog was why he mentioned it!
lol
Tiffany said…
Nah, he was probably thinking it all along. :)
Q&L said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Q&L said…
I'm pretty ecstatic about the one in my life, but I think you know that ;)...Yes, by his actions, people know Steven is a good husband, father and friend.
Tiffany said…
and a big hottie!
T and C said…
So, Tom is now ensuring he brings his dishes to the counter, tell me he loves me before turning off the light, and - this one is my favorite - put a Wunder bar in my jacket pocket yesterday so I would find it when I walked to school! Wow, the power of suggestion! (Again, in my husband's defense, he is a sweetheart on his own doing too). However, I was thinking, you should include something like "does all housework and never has his wife lift a finger" or something like that, just to see what will happens.
;)
T and C said…
[Hey English teacha, looks like I should have proofread that one, eh?]
Tiffany said…
That's so cool! I have found my purpose in life - blogging for the betterment of "man"kind. lol.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's