just another day - except for the puking

Tennyson woke me up as usual around 5:30 this morning. Silly boy, thinking he's hungry at that time. As I lay there contemplating whether or not to get up I hear Jordan stirring in her room. Usually if she gets up really early we can take her potty and make her go back to bed.

(Aside - that's right, my daughter is totally potty trained! No diapers EVER! I stopped diapering her for bed almost a week before Christmas and there have been no accidents. Little genius or what.)

Steven was actually up getting ready for work, and he went to take Jordan back to bed and noticed that she was all cruddy, so he turned on the light and found puke all over her bed and her pjs and all over her face and in her hair. Thus, my day began at 5:30 today. We ran her a bath and Steven gathered all her dirty sheets and blankets from her bed and I sat there beside the tub washing her hair and trying to comb all the bits out. She was so pale, even her lips had hardly any colour. Afterwards we had her wrapped in a bunch of towels and sitting on the counter in the bathroom. She wanted a drink of water which she quickly threw back up again. That wasn't even as sad as her saying "sorry I puked on the floor" to her daddy. After dressing her in clean, warm, cuddly clothes and seeing Daddy out the door, Jordan and I settled in on the couch with a pile of blankets to watch the Heffalump Movie. She hasn't been sick again, but she's sure not herself. She's currently on the 3rd viewing of the same movie, and she had a three hour sleep on the couch. She hasn't napped in months, so it was pretty quiet for a while.

I think now that we're all on the mend and hopefully we'll get the spring back in our steps and enjoy this new year - you never know what might happen!

Comments

Q&L said…
poor baby...glad shes feeling better.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon