poor potted ducks in a barrel

Prisoners on death row know that they're on death row. They know that the end is near, and no matter what they do there is no way around it.

Sometimes I wonder if houseplants know that they're headed to a place where there will be no mercy. When someone walks around the plant section looking at the pants, do the plants recognize this person as someone who will surely not be able to keep them alive? Oh jeez they'll say, please don't pick me, nooooooooo......


This is my plant table. At a glance it probably looks rather normal. But upon closer inspection . . .


. . . notice how the bottom half of this plant has very few leaves? I really actually like this plant, I really wish its leaves hadn't started falling off. Lately I've been watering it with a little more regularity. Turns out that when a plant is watered the leaves hang in there better, and even more leaves will grow! Will wonders never cease.


We just bought this plant the other day. Believe me, it did not look like this when we bought it. Apparently, leaving a plant in the trunk to freeze while you do other shopping isn't such a good idea. It used to have lots of big fat leaves and little yellow flowers. When I cut off the dead leaves (after noticing that they had started to mold) I discovered that there are new teeny leaves trying desperately to grow, as well as a sprout with a new yellow flower!


This is a poinsettia. No, it did not look like this when it was given to me. In my defense, aren't they supposed to die?

Here are my lovely army commando kids. Aren't their pants cute?
Jordan would have me believe she was only hugging him.

Comments

Q&L said…
The important thing is, your an amazing parent, plants don't really matter.
Tiffany said…
Aw, thanks!
I hope it doesn't change your opinion that soon after I took this picture she peed her pants. oops.
Candice said…
Tom says he can see your kids in that picture, so the camouflage pants aren't really working against the blue background.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense