NaNoWriMo - Done, 1 day early!

(I tried to post this on the 29th, but I was having trouble
with blogger. Anybody else notice anything weird, 
or do i have a big mean psycho blogger virus?) 



I did it I did it I did it!!

Guess who wrote a novel in a month? A novel that has a beginning, middle and an ending that more or less wraps up the loose ends? Me!

I finished my novel tonight, a day early, and with a whopping 51,849 words. As the NaNoWriMo website says, I most definitely DO have eternal bragging rights!

Things I may do now that I’m done:
  • Pay a little more attention to my kids
  • Mop a floor
  • Clean the bathrooms
  • Catch up on my favorite shows
  • Exercise
  • Make homemade pizza crust instead of buying that pre-made stuff
  • Flaunt it
  • Drink from the NaNoWriMo coffee mug I just ordered
  • Sleep
  • Wear clean clothes
  • Blog blog blog!!

It’s actually been a really cool experience. I’ve always said I wanted to try and write a novel, but in my head I imagined writing something well thought out, really good, sensible, smart novel. Of course a person then gets hung up on plot and how to start it, and conflict and relationships, etc., and never actually starts.

NaNoWriMo is about writing like crazy and just being done at the end of the 30 (or 29 - booyah!) days. Sure there were entire days I skipped because I had no idea what was going to happen next, but then I’d see that I was falling behind and shove through those barriers and voila! I’m done! It may not be pretty, it may have somehow transformed into something entirely different a few times, I may have discovered more than a few horribly annoying writing habits that I have (I‘d probably be a better editor or critic than writer - ask anyone who‘s ever brought up a book I don‘t like), but it’s done and it was fun, and I kind of like it, many many faults and all.

Sigh.

I’m pretty dorky happy right now.

Did I mention that I printed off the winner’s certificate? Yes, yes I did.

That’s the way we NaNoWriMoers roll baby.

Comments

Candice said…
You. Are. Awesome!
Lora said…
awesome!! congrats!
I know it was A LOT of work, and I'm so proud you did it!
Tiffany said…
Thanks! It was definitely a commitment. I'd still like to rewrite it at some point and see if I could make it better. I think I'll leave it until after the new year, and then read it over and make a bunch of notes on it (I already know a lot of what I'd like to change), maybe plan it out better and then start it over. We'll see!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's