souris death bridge


I was googling pictures online and I came up with this picture of the Souris Swinging Bridge. It wasn't the picture I was looking for, but we actually visited this bridge two summers ago.

Have you been? It's horrible! The stupid bridge swings alright, back and forth and back and forth, threatening to hurl your children into the depths of the murky river. With my luck I'd hop in to save them and with the habit of making things difficult for me they'd somehow manage to avoid being rescued.

I didn't enjoy this bridge at all. You know what made it even better? A husband who thinks the frightful creaky bridge is something to be jumped up and down on. The entire thing ripples. Ugh. Makes me uncomfortable just thinking about it.

My advice? Go see the Winnipeg Zoo. Sure, all you see there are living versions of the roadkill on the highway on the way to Winnipeg (read: deer, raccoons and prairie dogs), but at least you won't fall eight million feet into the grungy river below.

Comments

Ange said…
And you actually went on this bridge? I don't think I could do it. I vote zoo too!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon