the marathon and other stuff

My big run is in nine days. Nine. 9.

I've seriously slacked off in the last couple of weeks (couple, few, it's all the same really). I think part of it has to do with a recent stressor that's resurfaced in my life. Those of you who know me in real life will know what I'm talking about. Those of you who don't, but are curious are welcome to email me and ask what the heck I'm talking about. I'll share.

I've also gained back five of my hard-lost pounds and lost all control of my emotional eating habits. I can't help but think it's all related. Even though I know it's all emotional/stress eating I can't seem to bust out of it. Whatever.

But I digress. Where was I? Oh yeah - slacking, less running, nine days until race day.

All that being said, I ran twice this week and knocked off a cool nine miles each time. It felt good. I'm still mostly confident about the upcoming race. My goal is to run the entire thing and do it in 130 minutes.

Or less. Because I know I can. Can I?

I love summer. I love that I can run outside, and play outside, and that the mountains of snow trudged in the front and back doors has turned into a smattering of sand. Okay, I don't much enjoy the sand everywhere, but it is a reminder of summer, and of the kids spending copious amounts of time in the backyard.

I've contemplated signing up for another half marathon in Treherne in September. The area is fairly hilly, in fact the race is called Run For the Hills. Portage isn't overly hilly, although I do run up and down the overpass twice each time I go for a run. I'm sure it's not the same. The Treherne race is in the country, which has me eager to do it. I love the country. I'm sure they don't have mosquitoes in Treherne.

I've also been thinking lately that I should go for gusto and sign up for the full marathon next June. I looked up some full marathon training schedules and thought it might be fun to pretend I'm training for one this summer and run one on my own here this fall by mapping out 26.2 miles and running it, or running 26.2 miles worth of laps either around island park or the PCU walking/running track.

Maybe I'm nuts. Maybe I'm okay with that.

Comments

Pamela said…
You can do it! One day I'll try the half, not sure about the full, but the half is on my list of things I'd like to do. I can't believe Marathon day is so close!
Tiffany said…
I know!! When I registered for it, it was 6 months away. It kind of seemed like it would come along "someday." Well, it has!

It would be neat if I bumped into you there. :)
Pamela said…
I'm running the first leg, so I will be there at the start....I'll look for you! and if you take REALLY long, I'll be there at the end to cheer my husband on for the last leg and I'll look for you then too!
Tiffany said…
Okay! I'll totally keep my eye out for you!
Jen said…
Wow! That did go fast! I can't believe you're almost ready to run it. Geez. I know you'll do great. I never feel I do as well at things unless I worry about how I'm going to do before hand.

Also? Emotional eating- I know all about that. I spend a lot of time working of things I ate because I was stressed.

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense