latest addiction

Sometimes I suspect I'm lazy. Okay, suspect may not have been a strong enough word. I know I'm lazy sometimes.

You'll notice the infrequency with which I've been blogging lately.

I'll have a day where I get loads of things accomplished - then I reward myself with 7 days of reading.

I have this thing about buying books. The thing being that I don't (buy books). I don't agree with buying books. Oh sure, if there's a favorite, or an author I really really like I may buy a book. But it's been a while. I don't buy them because I can generally read a book in about a day. If I start one today before dinner I'll be finished it tomorrow before dinner. I kid you not. Even big ones. I devoured four or five novels last week. I read the last Twilight book in less than 24 hours. They're not even that good. Don't get me started.

Okay, a little side note about Twilight. I know it's for young adults, but seriously, the books read like they were written by a 14 year old. And it takes her 500 pages to tell us (not show us, she doesn't know how) that the characters really love each other and life's decisions for today's youth and the undead are really really tough, but if all else fails you can go to Italy and off yourself. Did you know that the author was in the process of rewriting the first book from the point of view of Edward, but that someone got their hands on a draft and pirated it all over the internet so now she's not? Seriously. Retell the entire story AGAIN. Bet I can tell you how it would have ended...

But now that I've started the series I can't help myself. I have to see this train wreck through to the bitter end
.

Where was I . . .

Library. I love the library. I also hate the library. I walk in there and there are eight bazillion books and I have no idea where to start, so I just take books off the new shelf.

Until now.

The library now has a website. I read a book I like, then I log onto the website and put a hold on all other books by the same author. I put holds on subsequent books in series I'm reading. I look up books made into movies I've enjoyed. Every second day the librarian calls me to tell me there's a book on hold. I love it. It's a guilty pleasure. I'm somewhat embarrassed when I go in there, because I'm sure they roll their eyes every time they put yet another incoming book aside for "that Tiffany" but I ultimately don't care! I'm in bookworm bliss, I no sooner have finished a book when the library calls and I frolic off to pick up the next one. It sort of feels like cheating. I don't wait and scour shelves anymore for a Crusie to come in, I don't check to see if the latest Twilight soap episode is waiting for me. I'm on a waiting list that I'm sure is a month long for Janet Evanovich's Finger Licking Fifteen.

It's an orgy of pages and text and plot and steamy scenes, and I apologize not!

Comments

Q&L said…
Did I tell you, you're ridiculous?
You're ridiculous.
:)
Tiffany said…
That's why you love me!

And I know that you're on your local library website right now!
Lora said…
I feel the same way about Twilight. Seriously, less than 24 hours for me too, and I felt like I could've read the first and last page and gotten just as much out of it.

Now I'm hooked on the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I don't even like vampires all that much, but they are an easy read too, and they aren't so juvenile. Adolescent, yes. Juvenile, not quite.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense