happy belated

I am probably the worst birthday/anniversary rememberer ever. Seriously. I use yahoo mail's reminders otherwise my friends and families birthdays would come and go and I'd never even notice. It's that bad. That's why I figure a day late isn't terrible - because with me, it could have been never.

Happy Birthday Angela!
Angela and I joke that we've been friends since she was born. It's true. We're in the same family, and we grew up a block or so apart. We lived in a little town where it was okay for a five year old to run a couple of blocks to a friends house, so we did. Ange is my mom's baby sister. She's a year younger than me. I don't remember ever not knowing her, and I don't remember ever not being close. We were always at the top of each others lists of people to call when we got engaged, got pregnant, and had babies. For years we called each other each Christmas morning to see what gifts the other received. I still have the urge to do it each Christmas morning.
Happy Birthday Ange, and thanks for being there always!

Happy Anniversary Lyla & Quinn!
I've known Lyla for a long time, but for years she was "Angela's friend." They were in the same grade and we'd cross paths when Ange planned for outings or girl's nights. When Ange got engaged, Lyla and I were both in the wedding party and we met a few times to plan wedding things. Over time we realized that we had become friends too. When I moved to Portage Lyla helped me get a job where she worked. We then got Ange in a little later. It was great. Then I moved to Winnipeg to go to University, and Lyla moved a few months later. She had answered an ad for a roommate wanted, and it turned out she was living in our building. What are the odds? When my roommate moved out around the same time that hers did, it was obvious where Lyla would be living. We had a blast living together and doing silly things and laughing at the antics of my then-boyfriend. When I got married, Lyla and Angela stood up for me (thanks again guys!), and when she got married last year she asked me to do the same. I'd have done it in a heartbeat, but my baby was due to come quite close to the wedding so we felt maybe it wouldn't be the best timing! Now she's just celebrated her first anniversary, and her own baby is due anytime.
Happy Anniversary Lyla, I hope you had a fantastic day. I can't wait to meet the newest little bundle!

Comments

Ange said…
Awwww...

Thanks Tiffany! So many wonderful memories we share!

I'd love to hear from you Christmas morning!

Happy Anniversary Lyla and Quinn!

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's