following instructions

A couple of weeks ago I took the kids to Spruce Woods to hang out with some of my friends. No, I didn't take pictures. I'm bad. Check here if you really want to see some! It was fun reconnecting with the girls I used to hang out with all the time in high school. Not that we don't now, but with jobs, kids and responsibilities there is little time left for hanging out on a beach blanket, reading magazines and painting our toenails like we used to!

A moment of note:

We're sitting on shore watching the kids. Okay, well not "shore" exactly. We're past the shore, on the grass, because we don't like to get dirty. See, we've really grown up. The kids (ages 11 months to 4 years) are entertaining themselves by the water.

Jordan comes running off the beach to tell me she has to go pee. Now you have to understand that the beach washrooms are WAAAAAYYY down at the other end of the beach. WAAAYYY down. Of course you know what I'm thinking. She should have just had a tinkle while swimming right? Right? It's one of those things you don't want to actually tell them to do, you just want them to do it on their own so you don't have to admit that you encourage this sort of thing. It's a lake for pete's sake. It's not even a lake really, more of a big puddle. Her pee would probably actually help dilute the other, more murky things in there that we don't want to think about.

I quietly told her to just pee in the lake. You'd have done the same thing. Don't look all shocked, we both know it's true.

I watched as she ran back to the water (she runs everywhere, it's just a given). She walked in until she was ankle deep before pulling her bikini bottoms down and squatting for a pee in the lake.

Not exactly what I meant.

Comments

Lora said…
ha!
i want to teach jake to pee in the pool at swimming because the bathrooms are on the 3rd floor and the pool is in the basement. SUCKS!

but I know he will totally announce that he is peeing.
Tiffany said…
Yeah, we had a good laugh about it!

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense