beach day






Today was the first time I took the kids to the beach by myself. I've always been nervous with kids and water, even though as a kid I was around water all the time, and my parents really didn't seem all that concerned.

I was bored to tears this morning and I suggested that the kids all hop into the van so I could swing through the Tim Horton's drive through for a . . . let's say carrot . . . while I figured out what I wanted to do with our afternoon. I really had nothing.

Finally I told the kids that we'd hit up Sobey's, grab a few groceries, and then pick up a couple of pizzas from Little Caesars and have a picnic at the park.

I parked the van in the Sobey's parking lot. "Can't we have our picnic at Delta?" asked one of the kids. I thought about it for a minute, turned the van back on and said sure. We grabbed our pizzas, swung home for swim suits and then headed for Delta Beach.

The kids had a blast. Sure there is some debris washed up on shore, maybe a dead fish or two, but they swam and ran and dug and explored for hours. It was awesome. On the way to the beach I stressed the importance of sticking together, staying shallow unless they were swim suited and I was with them, and not wandering off. They were awesome. They're at this age now where I don't have a baby or toddler anymore, nobody naps unless they fall asleep on the floor somewhere or in the van, and I don't have to carry playpens, diaper bags and bottles. Makes days like this easier all the time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

some random sunday stuff

gymnastics

camping stories from me to my kids