spring break!

It's spring break - a glorious nine day break from school. I'm not sure how it is that we're already on day four. I like having Jordan home. Dropping her off at school every morning while the rest of us carry on in our togetherness is a little sad.

The week is going to go fast. This past weekend I spent a day recovering from motherhood, an hour and a half away from my family. Now I'm back and ready to spend a week focused on my awesome little monsters. I haven't made any big complicated plans, and yet the week is already filling up. Yesterday we spent the day out in Austin visiting my mom. Today Jordan has her first ever sleepover and Tennyson and I are going to see a movie. On Friday we'll pick Steven up from school and do something fun in Winnipeg - half the fun being returning a pair of shoes I bought the other day in Brandon - and on the weekend we have out of town friends coming in to visit. Should be fun!

On top of that all, there is the joy of not having to get up and race around and have four kids dressed, fed and clean and ready to head out the door at 8:15 in the morning, lunches, snacks, shoes, agendas packed and ready to be thumped down the front sidewalk. The lazy mornings are my favorite.

I bought some seeds and trays of peat pucks too, for the kids and I to start our veggies and flowers in. Hopefully a garden will spring forth at some point in the next couple of months.

Lots to do! I may need an extra week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

today's to-do's