ten questions

As borrowed from Lora's blog:

This is the famous "Ten Questions" as popularized by James Lipton on "Inside the Actor's Studio," originated by French television personality Bernard Pivot, after the Proust Questionnaire.

1. What is your favorite word?
A warm and friendly “Hello!” when I phone someone up during the day and my call is a welcome distraction and not an inconvenience.

2. What is your least favorite word?
“Need.” When it is used in place of “want” it is absolutely my least favorite word. It irks me all the time to hear people use “need” when “want” would suffice. Yet it seems that people use it more and more all the time (I'm sure I'm guilty of it too). You don't “need” new clothes, you have a closet full of slightly worn clothes. You “want” new clothes. You don't “need” to go on a trip, get out of town, have an expensive haircut, paint the kitchen, buy new furniture, enroll your kid in every sport the school offers, etc. You “want” all those things. Your life would carry on just fine without them. Kids living in poverty who can't afford coats and boots in the winter “need” coats and boots. Your boots don't match your outfit? Fine. Buy new ones. But don't tell me you need them.

3. What turns you on?
I love being around easy going people who are talkative and outgoing and can tease and laugh and make light of life and friendship and everyday things.

4. What turns you off?

People who say outrageous and hurtful things and leave you with absolutely no way to respond.


5. What sound do you love?
Silence. I know it's not very exciting, but my house is always brimming with the sound of treehouse, happy squealing, whining or crying, toys revving and singing and beeping. Don't get me wrong, I like hearing the kids laugh and play, I have TV shows I enjoy. But every so often I wake up before the kids and the whole house is dead silent and it's a beautiful thing.


6. What sound do you hate?

I'm copying Lora. Whining. I hate the whining. If you're going to cry, then cry. The whining drives me nuts.

7. What is your favorite curse word?
"Oh for sh*t sakes..." I'm not even sure what it means.


8. What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Is winning the lottery and jet setting considered a profession? Because I would be really really good at that!


9. What profession would you not like to do?
I don't know if I'm a big “profession” type. When I imagine my life now, or five or ten years from now I don't really see myself in a serious setting. I know I couldn't be a doctor or lawyer or something equally grueling that would require me to 'live' my job. Work is the means to fund my life, it's not my life itself.


10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gate?
Lookin' pretty good for 102!

Comments

Lora said…
it's funny, because almost every mom who has done this says whining is their least favorite sound!

I hear you on the need/want thing. It gets to me too.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense