workout woes

I've been thinking to myself "self, you have gotten very fat. Time to get up off that big behind." So today I did. Do you want to know what happened? Do you? Good, I'll tell you.

I walked my 4.7 mile route. A few minutes in, I decided to run part of it. I used to run a lot in my slightly younger days. I think it was my grade 12 year that I got up every morning and ran a few miles before breakfast and school. Since then I've kind of run on and off, although not with the dedication that I used to.

Today I decided I'd run part of my walk. I ended up running close to a mile of it. The downside? I fell. I was running along and I tripped on a chunk of sidewalk that had lifted and I fell. I couldn't believe how hard I went down, because I managed to scrape one of my palms (not too badly), and skinned the knuckles on the other hand. On top of that I took skin off both my knees and rubbed my shoulder and one of my hips along the pavement. I swore, and then shook it off and continued on.

The crummiest part is that over the course of the day my neck has become increasingly more sore and I've taken about 7 extra strength tylenols for my headache. Steven thinks it may be mild whiplash. I'm sure if I was a man I'd be going with that and crashing out on the couch and moaning for some chicken noodle soup.

However, I am woman so I soldier on.

But see the dangers of working out? Now, had I been at home eating monster cookies and watching Ever After this would not have happened.

Comments

Ange said…
See, exercising IS bad for your health. I walked, hurt my back. You ran, got whiplash. It's a sign I'm sure!

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better. That really sucks!
Sonya said…
Serves you right for excercising on purpose! (Kidding - I wish I had your motivation!) Hope you're feeling better soon.

ps - you are not fat! I wish I looked as good as you!!
Tiffany said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon