workout woes

I've been thinking to myself "self, you have gotten very fat. Time to get up off that big behind." So today I did. Do you want to know what happened? Do you? Good, I'll tell you.

I walked my 4.7 mile route. A few minutes in, I decided to run part of it. I used to run a lot in my slightly younger days. I think it was my grade 12 year that I got up every morning and ran a few miles before breakfast and school. Since then I've kind of run on and off, although not with the dedication that I used to.

Today I decided I'd run part of my walk. I ended up running close to a mile of it. The downside? I fell. I was running along and I tripped on a chunk of sidewalk that had lifted and I fell. I couldn't believe how hard I went down, because I managed to scrape one of my palms (not too badly), and skinned the knuckles on the other hand. On top of that I took skin off both my knees and rubbed my shoulder and one of my hips along the pavement. I swore, and then shook it off and continued on.

The crummiest part is that over the course of the day my neck has become increasingly more sore and I've taken about 7 extra strength tylenols for my headache. Steven thinks it may be mild whiplash. I'm sure if I was a man I'd be going with that and crashing out on the couch and moaning for some chicken noodle soup.

However, I am woman so I soldier on.

But see the dangers of working out? Now, had I been at home eating monster cookies and watching Ever After this would not have happened.

Comments

Ange said…
See, exercising IS bad for your health. I walked, hurt my back. You ran, got whiplash. It's a sign I'm sure!

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better. That really sucks!
Sonya said…
Serves you right for excercising on purpose! (Kidding - I wish I had your motivation!) Hope you're feeling better soon.

ps - you are not fat! I wish I looked as good as you!!
Tiffany said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

you bought what?

very little to blog about. obviously.

it's blogtastic!