update on "work frustrations"

Maybe, just maybe, Lyla was right. Things often do have a way of working out. If you recall the previous post, I was quite annoyed by present childcare circumstances. Turns out I had more substitute teaching offers than I could accept, and no babysitter. This would limit me to only about 8 - 10 work days a month when what I want is to work Monday to Friday until the end of June.

When I told my mom about my situation she generously offered to babysit on any days that Steven is working and she is not. Isn't she lovely? Yes, yes she is! Especially considering that she works more than 40 hours a week - some of which are 12 hour all-night shifts. Now on selected days off she'll make the 35 or 40 minute drive to my house to be here before 8:30am. Oh how I love her! From here I wondered if Steven's mom would be willing to work a few Mondays or Tuesdays in the upcoming weeks. She also said yes! My dear friend Angela has graciously offered to pick up some of the leftover days and voila! My schedule is covered. I hope these ladies know how much we appreciate the help and their love of my children (even at 8:30am).

Guess what happened next? A different babysitter emailed me saying that she would be happy to babysit the 10 days a month for me. But I've already arranged all my Grandma and Auntie babysitters for the month of May. I told my mom and she said she'll still cover her days, so I don't think it would be worth having a new babysitter for a handful of days in June, especially (forgive the overuse of this word) since after June I'll not be needing a babysitter for 14 months.

Now my complaint is that I'm working too much! Seriously though, this couldn't have come at a better time. And yes, I am thankful for the ability and opportunity to work, as well as my wonderful family members who are helping me to make it happen. Thanks guys!

Comments

Q&L said…
Good News!! I hope you have a seperate calendar to track all the different sitters...right now my head is spinning.
Tiffany said…
Handy dandy day planner!
Candice said…
HEY! Where did your voting polls go??? I was winning...
Tiffany said…
Nobody was voting anymore! And the boy/girl poll was tied up forever. As far as that goes, I'd love to have a sister for Jordan since they'd still be close enough in age to be friends, but I kind of think it's a boy.
Candice said…
We couldn't vote more than once!(and I kind of think that some ppl forgot to hit the send on each question..) Either way, your ticker is a pretty neat and creepy thing, but don't dare remove it.
Anonymous said…
I'll leave it, but I do wish they had made it just a little cuter!

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense