guilty pleasures

I'm the best mommy ever! Steven decided he wanted to go out to the garage and finish installing the garage door opener. Ever helpful, I asked Jordan "do you want to go outside in the garage with Daddy?" Of course she does. He's not all that excited about taking a two year old out the garage while trying to get something done, but her excited little face, and the eager way she runs to the closet and starts putting on her snow pants and boots has him licked. He has a hard time saying no. I know this, because I often do this. What's that? You're going to the store? "Jordan, do you want to go to the store with Daddy?" Daddy responds "No, she was really grumpy last time I took her just before supper . . . " He looks over at Jordan, who again is eagerly dressing herself and he totally caves. I could feel bad about it, but it's just so perfect! Besides, mommies sometimes need a little time with no children to do certain things. Tennyson is sleeping, and I'm blogging. And eating a small mountain of chocolate chip cookies dunked in milk. In my defense, it's 1%.


Speaking of chocolate chips cookies, this is Tennyson eating his very first chocolate chip cookie yesterday. They were quite fresh from the oven and wonderfully warm and gooey. Hence having taken him out of his adorable striped, collared shirt. You have to plan for these things. He was pretty darn happy about this. Arrow Roots? I don't need no more stinkin Arrow Roots, I got me some chocolate chip cookies! Does the fact that they had oatmeal in them up my mother of the year rating? I think so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today's to-do's

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense