you're wearing that where?

There are many times when I substitute in high school and reluctantly admit that the high school students have way nicer clothes and hair than I do. They have professional looking highlights, and perfectly done hair. They have perfect clothing/layering sense. They wear bold colours properly, and don't look like they're faking it.

Then there are the students that make me wish I had brought a camera to class. I wonder if they'd notice if I started snapping pictures?

There were three grade 11 students (16 or 17 years old) yesterday that I just had to jot down. Yes, while they were reading short stories and answering questions I was writing descriptions of their clothing on foolscap [aside - when you say foolscap these days, the students have no idea what you're talking about].

And yesterdays winners were:
  1. A nice looking young man wearing a grey sweater with white stripes on it. This opened to show a hot pink button up shirt - also with white stripes. This shirt was unbuttoned on top to reveal a white t-shirt. I know, people wear pink, but I can seriously say I don't remember any of my male classmates wearing hot pink striped shirts when I was in high school.
  2. A girl wearing a nice enough pink sweater, stylish glasses and cute brown suede boots. Her wavy blond hair was tastefully colored and pinned back from her face in the front. Topping off this outfit? A pair of saggy grey sweatpants with a thong sticking out in the back. Seriously people!
  3. A girl who also had her hair and make up nicely done, and was wearing very stylish glasses. However, she was wearing a striped sweater in two shades of grey above blue-grey pants with vertical pinstripes. Then she rolled up one of her pant legs to show off her red and black striped knee socks, which she then capped off with brown sneakers with over sized hot pink laces.
I really wish I could have taken some pictures for you!

Comments

Q&L said…
Looking back, I'm thankful my Dad didn't let his girls out of the house with some stuff we wanted to wear...yikes
Tiffany said…
I don't think I wore anything too bad. Although remember for a while it was cool to wear boxers as shorts? hmmm . . .

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense

the manitoba marathon