goodbye 2007

Well, I have to say I'm glad Christmas is over. I'm feeling a little bah-humbug about everything right now to tell the truth.

Christmas morning was actually pretty cool. Jordan was so excited by her new Disney Princesses kitchen that we had to pester her to finish opening her gifts, and make her leave the house for the gathering. The whole time she's whining "no, wanna make a cup of tea!" It's the cutest thing. Tennyson crawled overtop, under and around all the presents while munching on paper and grinning and gibbering in his cute baby way. That kid is just so happy as long as we're all lounging about within his sight. My kids are great, I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Then we went off for Christmas dinner where I learned that my cooking is crap and our parenting is (as always) sub-par. Then Jordan jumped against a chair and spilled hot tea all over her Oma and herself. I was just hoping everything could go smoothly and everyone would have a good time, and this didn't help me feel very warm and fuzzy. The whole evening ended with me at home having an emotional melt-down. I probably shouldn't even write this in here as certain people may read this and be mad at me, but that's okay. Getting used to it.

On Boxing Day we went off to yet another gathering, which started out okay, but ended up with me going home early because of the stomach flu. I didn't get any sleep that night because I spent the whole night in the washroom. I felt so horrible! I sort of figured that the story would end with my death but I guess I was being a little dramatic.

Today is New Year's Eve. I don't feel very festive, just really tired. My mom came in today and we made pizza and chatted. I love when she comes, I feel like me when she's here. She's such a doll, the kids love her and she just fits so well. She headed home early to veg and Steven and I have been cuddled on the couch watching sitcoms ever since. Maybe someday when our kids are older we'll do more fun stuff for new year's eve, but for now this is good. Tomorrow morning starts at about 7:30 whether or not we go to bed at a decent time! And I like being with my kids and my husband in our home. It's the best place to be. I didn't really want to dump them with a babysitter tonight, not after the crazy Christmas runaround.

Not sure what my new year's resolutions are this year. Maybe just to relax, not stress so much about stuff, enjoy my kids even more, and live for each day. Maybe that's enough. I watched a movie the other day, and the wife didn't want to have kids or anything until they could save up enough money to get a bigger apartment and "start living." The husband responded by reminding her that this is their life, they're living it now. There is no waiting to start, yet we all do that - when our kids get a little older we'll . . . next summer we'll . . . when we start making more money . . . How about right now!! He was so right, and he was really cute so it's okay to listen! lol.

Happy New Year's everyone, and lots of love and laughter in 2008.

Comments

T and C said…
I totally agree - life is happening right now, so there is no time like the present to do the things you feel you should be doing.

Popular posts from this blog

dinnertime/breakfast time woes

today's to-do's

two things: one to do with running, the other with my fastly-deteriorating fashion sense